13 Best Planner Apps for Students in 2023
13 Best Planner Apps for Students in 2023
The Gemoo Team
Last Updated: Feb. 09, 2023 | FEATURED IN: Productivity
With a pretty hectic routine, forgetting some homework or an important assignment is not new for students.
So why don’t you plan your day ahead of time?
Wait, wait, wait! Toss away that pen and paper because it’s time to do it in a smart way. It’s time to turn to student planner apps, of course.
Best Planner App for Students
But what are student planner apps? What’s the hype about?
Student planner apps are a digital way to organize the schedule and plans for students.
The 13 best planner apps for students are discussed in this guide while highlighting their key features, price plans, pros and cons, and user ratings.
Let’s first see why a student may need these planner apps, and then we’ll jump right into them.
Why Do You Need a Student Planner App?
For a student, managing the paperwork or assignments can sometimes become so complicated that the whole daily routine becomes a mess. Especially on exam days when organizing one’s plans are a must if you want to excel in your exams.
So here comes the planner app, which helps students organize and manage their work so that it doesn’t disturb their daily life.
But before looking at these apps, you need to know what features are included in an incredible student planning app.
Let’s take a brief look at them.
Features to Look for in a Great Student Planner App
When looking for an excellent student planner app, the first thing you must consider is its user interface which must be intuitive and interactive to keep you on your track.
Then the best planner app for students is the one that is highly structured and customizable in addition to being specialized for student use.
The other thing that you can notice is whether the app is self-contained with all the required features in a single place or whether it can integrate with other apps to broaden the horizon.
Lastly, it must be readily available on Google Play Store or Apple App Store so that iPhone, iPad, or Android users can benefit from it.
Keeping in mind these necessary features, we’ve compiled this list of the 13 best planner apps for students.
So let’s dive into it right away!
13 Best Planner Apps for Students
As far as planner apps for students are concerned, Trello is definitely second to none. It’s an incredible planner app that boasts of having more than 2 Million users worldwide. Students can collaborate and manage their tasks, assignments, homework, or test preparations all in a single place. With the Trello board, you can easily make a list of “To Do,” “Doing,” and “Done” tasks.
Best Planner App for Students – Trello
- Timeline view, calendar, and table view are available to easily manage your schedule.
- Trello cards are available for more organized work. Click a card to see checklists, attachments, due dates, or conversations.
- A built-in automation, Butler, helps you reduce the number of tedious tasks. For example, it shows the upcoming deadlines automatically.
- Commonly used apps like Google Drive, Dropbox, Slack, Evernote, etc., can be effortlessly integrated with Trello for better performance.
- A free version is available for everyone to use.
- Other apps can be integrated with it.
- A user-friendly interface.
- Limited views.
- Limited file attachments and labels in the free version.
Other than the Free Plan, the Paid Version comes in 5, 10, 17.5 US$ / user/month ( billed annually.)
Get some Trello alternatives here！
The next planner app for students we recommend is Todoist. It’s also an excellent task manager and to-do list app that students can use to organize their plans. You can approach Todoist from the iOS and Android app stores and use this tool online. This simple task manager is used individually or by teams around the globe.
Best Planner App for Students – Todoist
- You can organize your tasks and plans with your unique style, mood, and personality.
- Your tasks are automatically organized into Today, Upcoming, and custom filter views.
- Tasks or comments can also be added to Todoist by email.
- Meanwhile, you can prioritize your tasks as you want easily by highlighting them in different colors.
- An alert is also given in the Pro Version about your time-sensitive tasks.
- Sharing the tasks and plans with others is possible with this tool.
- A web-based planner app that can work online.
- Your tasks are captured and organized in seconds.
- You can’t retrieve your “done” tasks.
- Free: 0 US$.
- Pro: 4 US$ / month.
- Business: 6 US$ / user / month.
These prices are billed annually.
Another great way for students to stay on top of their tasks is by using the myHomework Student Planner app. The best thing about this tool is that you can sync your plans with different devices and access them anywhere and anytime you want. And that’s not all; the myHomework app is available on iOS, iPad, and Android as well as on Windows computers, Macbooks, and Chrome Web Store. Isn’t it amazing?
Best Planner App for Students – myHomework
- The intuitive and beautiful UI design makes it perfect for students.
- You can receive due date reminders even in the free version.
- Several types of class schedules can be done, like block, period, or time-based schedules.
- Moreover, you can sync your tasks between different devices with a stable internet connection.
- You can add file attachments or use advanced widgets with the Pro Version.
- No internet connection is required for using this tool.
- A clean and intuitivAndroid, andnts.
- Annoying ads are there in the free version.
From free to 4.99 US$ / Year.
To help a student be at their best, MyStudyLife is a simple and effective planner app for students. Now you don’t need to worry about forgetting a class or assignment ever again because MyStudyLife has got you covered. On top of everything, all of your data is saved in the cloud so that you can access it even if you lose your mobile anywhere and anytime.
Best Planner App for Students – MyStudyLife
- A customizable academic calendar is provided to mold it according to your terms, classes, tasks, and holidays.
- Easily make a to-do list of your tasks.
- You can specify how much of a task has been completed in percentage.
- The classes and exams that are coming up are displayed on the Dashboard.
- Meanwhile, you can divide your tasks by whether it’s assignments, reminders, or revisions.
- You can enable class, exam, and task reminders from the settings.
- The data can be synced with the cloud with an internet connection.
- All the features are provided without any cost.
- The time of reminders can also be set beforehand.
- It’s sometimes slow to use and glitches.
- The interface may get tricky for some users.
It’s totally free.
The next homework organizer and reminder app we’ll be discussing are the Power Planner, which is easily available for iPhone, iPad, Windows 10, and Android users. Keeping track of your schedule and viewing exams or assignments is what Power Planner is best at. Moreover, Power planner’s online account allows its users to access their schedule from iPhone, Android, and web browsers.
Best Planner App for Students – Power Plan
- A grade and GPA calculator are available to calculate your grade across multiple semesters.
- Multiple tabs are available, which are Calendar, Day, Schedule, Agenda, Classes, and Years tabs.
- You can receive reminders about your tasks.
- Excellent customer services are provided, so if you have any queries, then just email their team, and you’ll get your answer.
- Useful widgets can be pinned, which permits viewing your schedule without hassle.
- Regular updates make the app better and better as time passes.
- A responsive developer.
- You can integrate Google Calendar with this tool.
- It doesn’t have subtasks for items.
From free to 1.99 US$ with a one-time in-app purchase.
Student Calendar is a planner app designed for perfect functionality and a great user experience. This specialized planner tool allows students to divide their time between academics and personal life, reducing stress while increasing their performance of the students.
Best Planner App for Students – Student Calendar
- There are alarm and notification reminders for important activities.
- A To-Do-List or Checklist can be easily made to mark your tasks as completed when they are finished.
- Events can be ordered by Day, Week, and Month.
- Timetables and widgets can be made easily.
- A color coding is present to highlight important events.
- A simple and easy-to-use interface.
- Random apps may appear on the Free Version when you go online.
It’s free with an in-app purchase of 2.49 US$ per item.
Now comes the School Planner, which is also an excellent planner app for students, just like its name. This fantastic application aims to organize a student’s life and manage appointments that can’t be forgotten. You can effortlessly schedule your events like assignments, exams, or other tasks like returning a book to the library.
Best Planner App for Students – School Planner
- Daily notifications for assessments or exams will appear to prevent you from forgetting these events of a student’s life.
- A highly optimized built-in calendar is available.
- Different colors can be allocated to each subject to make a priority list.
- You can even save your teacher’s contact info, like mobile number or email, and organize them as you want.
- Meanwhile, School Planner also ensures that all your data is saved on Google Drive.
- You can sync your tasks and plans on different devices.
- A beautiful and modern design makes it perfect for students.
- Doesn’t allow for events that happen regularly, like every day or every week.
The basic version is free that has an in-app purchase option of 0.99-5.99 US$ per item.
iStudiez is also a tool that is specially designed to improve the career of students of all ages. With this, you can keep your daily schedule at hand and plan your routine according to your timetable. On top of everything, its interactive interface encompasses all the features naturally. And you can avail of these features on macOS, iOS, Android, or Windows devices.
Best Planner App for Students – iStudiez Pro
- You can set priorities, due dates, and even some instructions for your tasks.
- Notifications are received whenever an assignment or task is approaching.
- A real-time mode is present, which continuously shows your ongoing schedule.
- Sync your data once and use it on any device, whether it may be iPhone, iPad, Macbook, Windows, or even an Android device.
- The GPA calculator is also available to track your progress throughout the semester.
- Moreover, sharing the schedule with classmates or friends is also possible.
- You can integrate Google Calendar with this app.
- Nice, clean, and simple user interface.
- The sync option is only available after subscription.
The Free version can be upgraded to the Full version for
- 2.99 US$ for mobile devices.
- 9.99 US$ for desktop.
These prices are billed annually.
Microsoft To-Do is software suited for students in school, college, or even universities. You can use this planner to track class details, location, holidays, and also your grades. This outstanding planner app is available for Android and iOS users as well as for Windows users, and you can avail of all the features without any cost with just a Microsoft account.
Best Planner App for Students – Microsoft To Do
- Easily set up your daily or weekly to-do list with this task management app.
- This cross-platform planner app allows you to manage your schedule on different devices with an internet connection.
- You can easily share your tasks with friends or family to keep yourself connected with them.
- Moreover, you can also set due dates and reminders for important tasks with this app.
- A daily checklist of your routine can also be made.
- All the features are available for free.
- Sync your data across different devices.
- Lack of integration with other popular apps.
It’s absolutely free!
The next planner app for students on the list in Easy Study. This tool has evolved its features to stand out among all the planner apps that are available for students. You can skillfully plan your schedule ahead of time and have your mind at ease with Easy Study. This application is easily available for iPhone and Android.
Best Planner App for Students – Easy Study
- You can create an outstanding study plan with just three steps.
- This tool keeps track of the number of time you spend studying in a day, week, or month and shows a history of it.
- You will regularly receive notifications about your routine and a summary of your day.
- It has the ability to organize your subject with different colors, names, and allocated study time.
- Smoothly track your study history with this tool.
- A calendar with the study schedule is displayed.
- You need to subscribe to avail all features.
Free download with an in-app purchase of 0.99-15.99 US$ per item.
Another best way for you to organize your study routine is by using Egenda – School Planner & Assistant. This application is perfect for planning your special exams or daily assignments within seconds, if not minutes. Moreover, it’s compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
Best Planner App for Students – Egenda
- Powerful organization features to quickly manage your exams, assignments, or other tasks.
- Make a priority list of your tasks like Due Today, Due Tomorrow, Due this Week.
- Enter, edit or delete your subjects readily with this tool.
- Daily reminders are also given for the tasks whose due dates are approaching.
- View your assignments as a whole or individually.
- A reminder option is available.
- It lacks advanced planning features.
Todait is also a feature-rich and beautifully designed homework management that can always come in handy for students. This smart study planner will increase your productivity and help you manage your tasks efficiently. Both iPhone and Android users can use this tool.
Best Planner App for Students – Todait
- You can accomplish your schedule together with your friends.
- Efficiently categorize your tasks and make a balanced schedule for your student life.
- Custom reminders can be readily set up for any task.
- A specially designed calendar is available to keep track of your tasks, assignments, or exams.
- You can also share your routine with the premium version.
- Meanwhile, you can track how you spend your days with the News Feed.
- On top of everything, a memo about your study journey can be written on this tool.
- A stopwatch is provided to measure and manage your study time.
- A useful widget can be added to your home screen.
- You also get feedback on your study habits from this tool.
- Sharing option is available only;y in the premium version.
- Most features are locked behind the subscription.
From the basic free version to the premium version that needs 99 US$ / Year.
The last planner app on our list is TickTick. This tool may be last, but believe me, it has everything you may need from a planner-based app. These features allow you to skilfully utilize 100% of your time and ace your tests without any trouble.
Best Planner App for Students – TickTick
- Smoothly manage all your tasks with a user-friendly interface.
- Ease your mind by setting up a reminder with every important task.
- Review and manage your tasks with five impressive calendar views.
- Sync your work and use it on different devices without any hassle.
- Recurring task option is also available for those assignments that keep on appearing regularly.
- Tasks and notes can be created with even voice inputs.
- A checklist widget can be added to the home screen.
- Limited tasks and items are available in the Free Version.
Free and in-app purchase of 0.99 – 27.99 US$ available.
That’s all, folks! These were the 13 best planner apps for students. So if you are also having trouble managing your frenzied schedule as a student, then these outstanding apps are definitely the solution that you need. Check out every single one and see which one suits your taste and meets your requirements.
Do you know any other planner apps for students that can be a better option? Or are you having questions about these apps?
Leave everything you have in mind down in the comments section. And don’t forget to share this guide with your friends.
The Gemoo Team
The Gemoo Team is committed to building products that help people effectively communicate and collaborate.