20 Best Event Planning Software
The Gemoo Team
Last Updated: Nov. 16, 2022 | FEATURED IN: Productivity
Best Event Planning Software
In the recent past, people had to really storm their minds to manage their events properly. But why only in the past? Have we become superhumans now?
Of course not!!!
It’s because of the ease that came with the invention of event planning tools. Now no one needs to worry about organizing a successful event. The only stone that remains in this path of convenience is to choose the right event planning software.
But you don’t need to worry because we’ve done all the work for you.
In this brief article, we have summed up the 20 best event planning software that can help you handle all your events smoothly. Now, why don’t we see some properties of these tools first? This will help you choose the best one that fulfills all your requirements.
How to Choose the Best Event Planning Software
1. Ease of Use
The first thing that people look for in event planning software is its ease of use. A user-friendly interface is a must for these tools to become popular. Well, that’s to be expected because not all users are tech-savvy and can’t use complicated software to their fullest.
Progress tracking with some reports and charts also attract users. So you must look for a tool with advanced analytics and tracking features.
No matter how good software is, if it can’t be integrated with other software, then there are always some limits to its use. Integrations improve the workflow and make the tool custom fit for the users.
Prices also hold weight in choosing the best event planning tool. If the price plans are way too expensive, then no matter how advanced its features are, it’s not going to be loved by most users.
5. Feature List
The last thing you must focus on is the feature list of the software. Some users require only basic features, while others may look for some of the most advanced ones.
Now keeping in mind these important points, we’ve scoured the internet and made an exclusive list of the 20 best event planning software.
So let’s jump into the list right away.
List of 20 Best Event Planning Software
The event planner software that won the first rank on our list is Cvent. This cloud-based software boasts of having a 190,000+ community of active users around the globe. This explains the might of Cvent in the world of event planning tools.
Cvent Official Interface
Cvent Key Features:
- Registration: You can start your event like a pro with some professional registration features.
- Attendee Engagement: Top-notch features for attendee engagement, including Attendee hub, appointments, and onsite solutions.
- Content Management: Cvent provides unique Abstract Management Software for organizers to manage the content of their event.
- Exhibitor Management: Manage your clients and sponsors and give them ROI to keep your event running.
- Matchless customer support is available 24/7.
- A mobile event app is available.
- Special sourcing features to find the best venue and vendors for your event.
- Unique passkeys can be made for room block management.
- Lack of premium integration services.
- There is no free version or a free trial.
- No offline access.
- Can’t transfer events from Cvent to other systems.
The company creates custom pricing for every user. Need to connect with their sales team.
The next event planning software on our handpicked list is Accelevents. It’s an advanced platform that provides all the features you may look for when planning a highly organized event.
Accelevents Operating Interface
Accelevents Key Features:
- Event Types: From virtual to hybrid as well as in-person events, everything is supported here.
- Live Streaming: You can broadcast your video either with the native video production studio or after integrating it with other video conferencing platforms.
- Analytics: Track the record of your attendees and other matters with in-depth analytics.
- Gamification: You get to create little games or challenges for your attendees to make your event more interesting.
- A mobile events app is also available.
- Easily customize the platform to suit your taste.
- Even 100,000+ attendees are supported.
- It’s a little expensive.
- No free version is available.
- Lack of advanced search features for items.
- Its operation can get a little tricky for beginners.
Accelevents provides clear and flexible pricing plans that vary from per-event pricing to unlimited-event pricing. In unlimited-events pricing, two packages are available that start at;
- Scale Plan- $125/month.
- Enterprise Plan- $1250/month.
These prices are billed annually.
The software that grabbed the last spot in the top three of our list is Idloom.events. Out of all these event planning software on our list, Idloom.event is one of those that are liked by their users and have excellent user ratings and reviews.
But the only thing that’s disturbing is that you don’t get any mobile app.
idloom.events Official Interface
idloom.events Key Features
- Registration: Use pre-registration, multistep registration, or other advanced registration features to smoothly handle your event.
- Payments: A set of classic options to collect payments from your attendees.
- Emails: You can use the automatic emails function to send documents, payment confirmations, calendar links, or any other thing you want.
- Badging: You can also create and distribute personalized badges to your attendees.
- Websites & Forms: Make fully customizable websites and forums.
- A free version is also available.
- Events can be organized in multiple languages.
- 2-way Zapier integrations are also supported.
- Guests can also upload documents.
- Less customizable than other competitors.
- There is no in-built email manager with advanced features.
- No mobile app.
Apart from the free version, these are the four paid packages that Idloom provides.
- Light – $190/month.
- Plus – $490/month.
- Premium – $590/month.
- Corporate – $1290/month.
The number four on our list is InEvent. In the ocean of event planning software, InEvent is undoubtedly a big fish with some of the most advanced features.
But do you know what’s common between a time machine and the free version of InEvents? They don’t exist!!! So, you gotta pay for it.
InEvent operating interface
In Event Key Features:
- Polling: You can create real-time live polls to make your events more interactive.
- Reports: You get accurate and detailed statistical reports of your event with different views and charts.
- Tickets: A whole bunch of features for selling and tracking records of your tickets.
- Streaming: Make live streaming or upload pre-recorded video for simulated streaming in full HD resolution.
- Virtual Lobby: You can create a dynamic virtual lobby of your own to manage your events easily.
- Excellent customer support.
- Powerful integrations with almost any system with API, Webhooks, or SDK.
- Event badges for easy check-in and session control.
- A steep learning curve for beginners.
- You can not customize the layout of your virtual lobby.
- It costs a pretty penny.
InEvents is available starting from $9990/Year.
Another powerful tool for professional events and video production is Fonteva Events. Fonteva is a company that works with Salesforce and has multiple work-handling tools. And one of those tools specializing in event planning is none other than Fonteva Events.
Fonteva on Different Devices
Fonteve Events Key Features:
- Event Support: Its enterprise-level features support in-person virtual and hybrid events.
- Payment Features: Outstanding features to collect payments like Merchant control dashboard, Card updater, transaction reporting, and many others.
- Reports: You can use the comprehensive reports of Fonteva to plan ahead.
- Attendee Management: Effortlessly manage all your attendees before, during, and after their registration.
- A Fonteva mobile app is also provided for managing events.
- An easy-to-use interface with a drag-n-drop dashboard.
- Advanced registration features are available.
- Its features can be a little difficult to learn at first.
- Not suitable for events containing 10K+ attendees.
Contact the sales team to get your custom price plans on a per-year basis.
Webex Events, which was previously known as Socio, is our next event planning software. Any type of event can be successfully made with Webex Events, from social events to conferences or seminars.
Webex Events operating interface
Webex Events Key Features:
- Flexibility: You can effortlessly shift between different event formats from virtual to in-person events.
- Registration: Quickly build branded registration platforms with multiple payment options.
- Check-ins: You can also make powerful and safe codes and badges for your attendees to make secure check-ins.
- Communities: The virtual communities on Webex can make interactive discussions and connect diverse attendees with its powerful networking.
- Dashboard: You can get elaborative and real-time insight into your event with the data dashboard.
- A cloud space is also given for storing your recorded events.
- A Webex mobile event app is also available.
- You can even gather up to 100,000 attendees.
- On-demand replays are also available.
- No free version is available, although there’s a free trial.
- Lack of robust integrations.
- Sharing features are not so advanced.
Webex Events is available with custom pricing. Just contact their sales team.
Another incredible event planner is Airmeet. With its all-around features, Airmeet rapidly developed its brand name as virtual events took over the community.
Airmeet Key Features:
- Multi-Track Events: With Airmeet, you can even organize multi-track events.
- Audience Engagement: Keep the attention of your audience with the top-notch leaderboard and gamification features like chats, Q&A, polls, etc.
- Branding: Plan and host any event with your unique branding.
- Tracking: Skillfully track record of your ticket sale, registration, turnout, and speed networking.
- A free version is available.
- Multiple add-ons to make a personalized suite.
- A proactive support team that works 24/7.
- Only 90 min session limit in the free version.
- A limit of 50 attendees per event in the free version.
Other than the free version, you can get the license Airmeet in three packages.
- Starter Plan – $500/month.
- Professional Plan – $1500/month.
- Enterprise Plan – Custom pricing.
All these prices are taken on an annual basis.
The next event planning software on our list is Bizzabo. It’s renowned software that has helped organizers in 85,000+ events in more than 100 countries. In event management, Bizzabo has already earned many awards, like Wave Leader, G2 Category Leader, and the SaaS Awards.
Bizzabo Key Features:
- Event Formats: From In person to virtual to hybrid events and webinars, Bizabbo gives you the power to orchestrate the event and manage it with the powerful control center.
- Monetization: A full marketing suite is provided for personalized branding and optimizing the registration process. This creates some real money.
- Sponsorship: You can create some unique sponsorship opportunities and manage those sponsors smoothly.
- Reports: Get real-time analytics anytime you want and use it to further deepen your content.
- Broadcasting: Streamline your videos in cinema quality with the in-built broadcast tools.
- An on-demand content library is available for marketers.
- A fully functional mobile app.
- Customizable themes and backgrounds.
- Get a free demo version before subscription.
- No free plan is available, while the paid version is very expensive.
- No onsite ticketing.
- Attendance tracking features are somewhat lacking.
The company provides custom pricing starting from $15,000/year.
Whova is a modern tool for planning the portfolio of your events and giving it life with outstanding audience managing tools. Whova contains unique features for all different participants of an event, like organizers, attendees, or even sponsors.
Whova Official Interface
Whova Key Features
- Event Types: You can manage in-person, virtual, or hybrid events with Whova.
- Networking: Online networking is super easy with Whova networking features.
- Joint Engagement: Create surveys, polls, Q&A, and other such things to engage your audience jointly.
- Targeted Announcements: You can also make various announcements targeted to specific attendees.
- Organizing Features: Make agenda webpages, event websites, or promo images for organizing a successful event.
- Automatically generates event metrics and reports.
- Both web and mobile apps for attendees.
- Make personalized schedules and profiles on Whova apps.
- Digital booths and vendor tables are available for sponsors and exhibitors.
- They don’t provide any free versions.
- Not suitable for organizing large events.
- Lack of advanced audience tracking features.
Contact the team of Whova to get your price quote.
Now comes Hopin, an immersive event planner with endless potential. Its key feature set helps with event marketing and generating revenue from virtual, in-person, and hybrid events.
Hopin Operating Interface
Hopin Key Features
- Virtual Venue: You can create a personalized virtual venue with a welcoming reception page, event stages, Networking, and unlimited event sessions.
- Marketing: Design flawless landing pages to maximize registration and ticket sales.
- Attendee Management: Skillfully manage all your attendees with bulk upload, printable badges, detailed charts, and reports.
- StreamYard’s Studio: With the live streaming studio of StreamYard, you can broadcast live or pre-recorded videos with personalized logos and lower thirds.
- Registration: Control registration of attendees and divide them among guests, early birds, or VIPs.
- Broadcast your events with up to 100 thousand viewers.
- Customizable emails can be sent.
- CRM & API integrations.
- Make free or paid tickets in any currency.
- Lack of agenda management features.
- Limited attendee tracking and analytics.
- Iffy email management.
There’s a free version with basic facilities. Other than that, the license of Hopin comes as;
- Starter Plan – $99/month.
- Growth Plan – $799/month.
- Advanced Plan – Contact now.
Next is Hubilo, one of the best partners for those who do everything all by themselves. With its unparalleled and broad set of features, you can effortlessly control every step of your event planning.
Hubilo Operating Interface
Hubilo Key Features
- Registration: Diverse registration options, including invitation-based, free, and paid tickets.
- Grouping: Divide your attendees by tier-based grouping.
- Fantastic Studio: An incredible broadcasting studio is provided with speaker management and moderator control of the screen.
- Audience Engagement: Create live video polls, chats, and Q&A sessions for your audience engagement.
- Virtual Booth: You can create your own virtual booth with an analytics dashboard, member chat, member meeting, and visitor contact info.
- A mobile app for both iOS & Android.
- SSO mechanism for attendee login.
- Custom designing of badges via the organizer app.
- Speaker experience is not good because there is no real-time direct contact with your attendees.
- Doesn’t provide a free plan.
- Limited budgeting or forecasting features.
Three plans are provided by Hubilo, you need to contact the team for details.
The number twelve on our list is Tripleseat, a tool that is specialized for handling events related to restaurants, hotels, and other such venues. The outstanding feature of Tripleseat is handling bookings and registrations like no one.
Your sales will be increased, but in contrast, the workload will decrease. Catching two birds with one stone, ain’t we?
Tripleseat Official Webpage Interface
Tripleseat Key Features
- Email Templates: You can quickly make useful email templates to send thank you or follow-up emails.
- File Library: Upload images and documents on Tripleseat to make a personalized library showing your menus, foods, logos, and other things.
- Reports: Get detailed reports of previous year trends, event financials, client preferences, and many such measures to plan your event ahead of time.
- Sales Goals: Meanwhile, you can set specific goals on a weekly, quarterly, or seasonal basis and get your team working on them.
- A mobile app is provided.
- A web-based operating system that works on most browsers.
- Special tools for creating custom lead forms and lead sources.
- Doesn’t provide an offline desktop app.
- No free trial or free version.
The license is provided on custom pricing. You need to request pricing from the sales team.
Another outstanding event planning software is Event Boost. Just like others, it’s highly sorted after by event organizers from all around the world.
But the thing that distinguishes it from other competitors is the highly advanced communication and security features.
Event Boost Official Interface
Event Boost Key Features
- Communication: You can create interesting invitations, receipts, reminders, and follow-up emails to communicate with your participants.
- Event Formats:The event management features work for in-person and hybrid events, virtual sessions, and webinars.
- Statistics: You can track the performance, progress, and registration of your attendees with in-depth statistical reports.
- Badges & Tickets: Quickly create custom badges and tickets with unique colors and appearances. Then sell those tickets with selected payment methods.
- Check-Ins: Fast check-in features using the unique QR code of every attendee.
- “Swiss Banking Standard” encryption for securing the user data.
- Available in 6 languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- Robust meeting app integrations.
- The customization is quite limited.
- A steep learning curve.
Event boost comes in 4 packages:
- Single Event – $690.
- 10 Event Pack – $5900.
- Annual Standard – Contact team
- Annual Enterprise – Contact team
Another renowned event planning software is Boomset.
This software is also from the Hopin company, which specializes in managing any kind of event. On top of everything, the onsite functionality of Boomset is especially liked by users.
Boomset Key Features
- Event Registration: You can make personalized event registration pages and make use of its outstanding payment features for a first-class experience.
- Gamification: Make your events more interesting with these gamification features.
- Custom Badges: You can also make digital business cards and custom badges which can be printed on demand.
- Certification: Issue customized certificates to every attendee on completion of your events.
- Tracking: On top of everything, you can track your progress and attendees with its matchless analytics and reports.
- UHF/NFC technology for quick check-ins and tracking.
- Cashless payments.
- Android and iOS check-in apps.
- 3rd party integrations.
- The software set-up for event planning is slightly difficult.
- Extra charges for additional registrations.
Boomset offers three plans that are;
- Growth Plan- $4000.
- Business Plan- Contact the Sales team
- Enterprise Plan- Contact the Sales team
EventX is also an event planning tool with some first-class features. If you are a person who doesn’t want to spend money on these tools, then you can consider EventX because it provides a basic version without any cost.
EventX Operating Interface
EventX Key Features
- Event Management: From event registration to the completion of the event, manage everything on a single platform.
- Monetization: Make paid events and generate revenue using paid registrations and tickets without geographical limitations.
- Emails: Customizable email templates are available, which you can use to make automated emails.
- Virtual Booth: Create your own virtual booth for holding your events.
- Incredible customer support with both emails and live chat.
- A free version is available with all the basic features.
- Unlimited attendees and event length in the paid version.
- Lead capture and Check-in apps are provided.
- The layout is not attractive.
- It’s a bit difficult to operate.
- If you want some very advanced features, then EventX is not suited for you.
You can avail EventX in three packages.
- EventX Lite – Free Sign Up
- EventX Pro and Virtual Event & Expo need to contact the team.
Up next is Brella. It’s another event platform with complete event planning and management features. Brella provides some unparalleled features designed for networking. This comes in handy when the attendee count exceeds even a four-digit figure.
Thousands of attendees? Brella has got you covered.
Brella Key Features
- Registrations & Ticketing: Register attendees quickly and provide them access to different parts of your events with tickets.
- Matchmaking: You can use the AI-powered matchmaking features with automated table assignments and meeting notifications.
- Admin Panel: A separate admin panel is specially designed to help organizers & sponsors of the event.
- Schedule Widget: Plan thoroughly and put your schedule on a customizable widget.
- Monetization: Make revenue using the virtual sponsor booths, sponsor ad slots, real-time reporting, host buyer program, and many other features.
- Works perfectly with other software after integrating with them.
- A web app for every device, along with native iOS & Android apps.
- Attendees can rate the meetings to provide real-time feedback.
- You can divide attendees with type tags.
- Limited badge management features.
- Lacking email marketing features.
- The gamification features are also not advanced.
Contact the sales team to get a pricing quote.
Another impressive event managing software trusted by thousands of organizers is Slido. What’s special about it? It’s pricing. Slido is one of the cheapest event planner software you’ll ever encounter. So if you got a limited budget, go for it right away.
Slido Operating Interface
Slido Key Features
- Customization: You can customize the present mode and participant modes with colors, themes, logos, and banners.
- Audience Engagement: You can easily make interactive surveys, polls, quizzes, and Q&A sessions to engage your audience.
- Reports: Detailed reports are provided, which can be exported into excel, PDF, or Google Sheets.
- Security: Outstanding security features with participant privacy, email verification, single sign-on, and passcodes.
- A basic version is available for free forever.
- 30-day money-back guarantee on every price plan.
- You can review your questions and polls before actually posting them.
- Even in the enterprise plan, there is a limit of 5000 participants. You are charged for additional participants.
- Limited customization.
- Contact & Calendar management features are lacking.
A free version is provided, and other than that, there are three pricing plans.
- Engage – $10/month.
- Professional – $30/month.
- Enterprise – $150/month.
Keep in mind that these prices are taken annually.
Just like its name, Caterease is an event planner that will bring ease to your life by handling all your complicated work. Its features will help you save time and increase sales in the process.
Caterease Operating Interface
Caterease Key Features
- Event Management: Smoothly manage your events with cutting-edge features like event booking, lightning-fast printing, and automatic emailing.
- Reminders & Checklists: You get automatic reminders and checklists so that no important detail of your event is missed.
- Tracking: From participants to clients, Caterease will track everyone with client history and correspondence records.
- Menu Selection: Quick drag-n-drop menu selection features are also available.
- A free browser dashboard & mobile app.
- Outstanding documenting features.
- An excellent support team to solve every problem.
- Every two weeks, there is a forced password reset.
- Reports are clunky and less detailed.
- Costs extra money with every additional user.
The company provides three product versions with multiple add-ons. Here is some detail for them.
- Express Plan – $85/month.
- Standard Plan – $125/month.
- Professional Plan – $165/month.
Swapcard is yet another software that will simplify the process of event creation and management all in one place. This tool contains a separate set of features for organizers of an event, attendees, or sponsors.
Swapcard Operating Interface
Swapcard Key Features
- Interactivity: Make your events more interactive with live streaming, newsfeed, group discussions, and polls.
- Session Scanning: Quick check-ins by scanning QR codes and badges.
- Contacts: You can create manual contacts to make a personal list, share those contacts, and sync with your CRM for better management.
- Analytics: You can get detailed reports on many aspects like sessions watched, pages visited, or ads clicked.
- A free version is available.
- Strong integrations with most of the popular systems.
- Payment options support multiple currencies.
- The paid versions are quite expensive.
- Limited email customization in terms of color or layout.
- No auditing system.
From free to two paid plans.
- Starter Plan – $588/month.
- Enterprise Plan – Custom pricing.
Last but not least, Sched is an easy-to-use event planner. But don’t be deceived by its last rank. From registrations to scheduling and communications, everything is available here.
Sched Operating Interface
Sched Key Features
- Event Registrations: Multiple flexible features for managing the event registrations like privacy settings, customizable registration forms, and single sign-on.
- Scheduling: The outstanding scheduling features which attendees can use to make a detailed routine.
- Dashboard: An elaborative dashboard with different sections for sponsors, artists, exhibitors, and attendees.
- Tracking: You can track your attendees with the check-in apps and detailed reports.
- No extra fees for licensing, post-event hosting, and many such aspects.
- You can print your schedules with just a single click.
- A weekly live demo is organized to show all users how the software works.
- Limited customization of the landing page.
- Not suited for small and less professional events.
- Iffy customer support.
Sched is a software that provides versions.
The pricing of these versions varies depending on the number of maximum attendees allowed. You need to contact the team and input your required attendee limit to get the pricing.
So these were the world’s leading event planning software. Before we end our guide, let’s look at some of the frequently asked questions about event management.
FAQs of Event Planning
What are the 7 elements of event planning?
Just like any other process, event planning also includes some key elements that are absolutely crucial for hosting a successful event. These include the event infrastructure, core objective, organizing team, target audience, the right venue, interesting content, and lead capture. Every event planning software is structured to handle these seven elements of event planning.
What are the 5 C’s of event designing?
In the world of event designing and management, the 5 C’s are the crucial tips that are a must if you want to handle any event like a professional. These include Concept, Coordination, Control, Culmination, and Closeout.
What is an event management system?
An event management system is a specially modeled system to help event organizers, sponsors, and attendees all at the same time.
That’s all, folks. This was our roller coaster ride of the 20 best event planning software. Now your job is to find the one that suits you the most and get rid of that headache of planning an event.
If you found our article helpful, make sure to share it on social media with your family and friends. And don’t forget to give your feedback in the comments section below.
The Gemoo Team
The Gemoo Team is committed to building products that help people effectively communicate and collaborate.